Using oils as a part of your skincare routine is the latest trend and it is here to stay. Using oils for your skin has many benefits when used correctly. There are many oils that are popular for skincare, citing their medicinal and restorative properties. There is one particular oil that is not very common but is very beneficial when used for the skin, it’s the babassu oil. Babassu oil is derived from palm trees in Brazil. The oil is extracted from the fruit of the palm and is high in healthy fatty acids and lauric acid and doesn’t leave a greasy finish on the skin. Many people have not heard of it but the uses of babassu oil for skin are endless and highly effective. You can make diy babassu oil recipes and use it on your skin to reap its benefits.
If you want to know babassu oil benefits for skin then keep reading:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Babassu oil has anti-inflammatory properties and it can be used to heal the skin. Babassu oil has plenty of antioxidants like Vitamin E. It combats inflammation effectively. This oil is also used to treat skin conditions like eczema.
- Destroys free radicals: You can use babassu oil on your skin and in your food to get benefits from its properties like destroying free radicals. It has anti-oxidizing properties and can destroy free radicals that can lead to conditions like cancer and premature aging.
- Heals and protects the skin: This oil gets absorbed into the skin easily and has a non-greasy, almost powder-like finish on the skin. It can be used to cool down your skin during hot weather periods. The myristic and lauric acids present in the oil melt into your skin and draw heat from your body to cool it down.This can be used to heal sunburns and cuts, and to protect the skin from pollutants and contaminants.
- Treats dry scalp: Babassu oil has all the properties to help make your scalp healthy. It can treat dry scalp and its antibacterial properties can fight dandruff. The oil has acids that can work wonders on a dry scalp and restore its health to give you healthy and shiny hair.
- Skin emollient: This oil is an excellent humectant, can is great to use as a moisturiser for oily and dry skin types. It is easily absorbed by the skin and makes the skin smooth and soft. It moisturizes your skin and keeps the skin hydrated.