Taking care of your skin is important for maintaining its look and feel. Everybody wants to have beautiful plump skin all throughout their life, but this is not possible if you don’t look after your skin’s needs. As you grow older, you need to do more for your skin than you did before. Ideally you should adopt an anti-aging skincare routine when you reach your mid-twenties. You can opt for natural anti-aging skin care or rely on chemical actives to keep it looking good. A good anti aging regimen in as investment your skin will thank you for later.
If you are looking to start an anti-aging beauty routine for yourself, here is a simple routine you can follow:
- Step 1-Cleanser: A cleanser should effectively remove oil, dirt and any residue from your skin. It should be gentle on your skin and not strip your skin of its necessary natural oils. Choose a cleanser that will clean your skin without drying it out. Avoid cleansers with sulphates as it can dry out your skin.
- Step 2- Toner: If you are using a cleanser with a high pH level, using a toner after washing your face is a must. A toner helps to restore the pH level of your skin. Some toners have harsh ingredients like alcohol that can dry out your skin even more, so stay away from those. If you use a low pH cleanser you need not use a toner.
- Step 3-Exfoliate: This is an important step as it helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and any build up or residue on your skin. Use a gentle physical or chemical exfoliator that won’t damage the skin barrier. A harsh exfoliator can create micro tears on your skin which can damage it.
- Step 4-Serum: For an anti-aging skincare routine, a serum is a must. There are many good quality anti aging serums available in the market that have ingredients to rejuvenate your skin from within. Always pat the serum on your clean skin, do not rub it in.
- Step 5-Moisturise: This is the most important step in any skincare routine. Moisturising adds the much needed hydration back to your skin which helps it look youthful. A good moisturiser will make your skin feel supple and less oily.
- Step 6-Sunscreen: UV rays play a big role in making your skin look wrinkly. Using a sunscreen with high SPF will protect you from these harmful rays and keep your skin looking young.